Unity for Game Design
Saturday, Aug 27, 2016
How to building your own world? You live in a virtual world where you can create characters and give them emotions. You play as a god to rule every single piece. This is Unity3D, a tool allows you to build everything.
the Metropolitan Exchange, 33 Flatbush Ave, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, New York, 11217 (Map)
The workshop will go through a game example to talk about the basic knowledge of Unity3D. When the class over, you will understand how to import asset in to Unity, a little bit knowledge about Unity3D C# language, the unity animation system, and the particle system, and you could make your own game using Unity3d.
What should I bring?
A laptop(pc/mac) install in Unity3D (the latest version).
If you are windows user, I highly recommend you to install Visual Studio. optional: installing a software that can open 3D model (MAYA,3DMAX)
At the end of this course, you will be understanding following knowledge.
• setup the scene
- understand how to import online assert into the scene. - can manage those asserts in a prefect hierarchy.
- be able to use the different tool in Unity3D.
• setup Player
- understand Input system(moving the character, C# coding).
- be able to control those animations, when player in different states(running,shooting - reloading).(C# coding)
- Camera moving.(C# coding)
- Animation Eventsystem.(C# coding)
- Take damage and Player HP (C# coding)
• Setup the enemies.
- Build the navmesh( basic AI system). (C# coding) - Take damage and Enemies HP(C# coding)
- Enemy Respawn (based on navmesh)
- How to bake lighting map.
- Talking about different light.
- Display players HP
- Display enemies HP
- Current bullets remaining
A window or mac Laptop install in Unity3D. If you are windows users, highly recommend you to install the VisualStudio as well.
I will provide the basic asset for you to setup the scene.